Wednesday, December 18, 2013

It’s the Little Things

Our time in Tianjin is coming to an end.  Not knowing if we may be returning to this area makes for very bitter sweet feelings as I pack our suitcases.   I can’t wait to go back to the US and see our family and friends but at the same time we have met many friends here in Tianjin who have made this stay very special.
I love going to certain street vendors and they know we like extra cilantro and onions in our noodles, or Jimmy at the YY Bar who knows when I walk in at 5pm I am getting coconut chicken soup and Tom Yum for take out, but the biggest impact of all has been the team at our hotel club lounge.

During the week when Greg is working , I am out exploring Tianjin or working in the room here at the Westin .  I spend a lot of time here at the hotel and have become very much a regular at the restaurant but even more at the Executive Club Lounge.   The team at the Club made me feel very special.   Yes, after 7 weeks we have gotten to know them very well and they us, but we have became friends as well.   They know what we like and all that  hotel stuff but more importantly they know how to make me feel welcome- not welcome like a hotel guest , but welcome like they are inviting me into their home.   They understand how to personalize service, being professional without being stuffy.   Over the last 2 months as I got to know them  there been lot of  hugs and laughter.
The Westin Club Team ended our stay by giving us a special gift- what I call “Chinese kissing dolls”. Years from now I know that when we see our special “kissing dolls” on our shelf we will smile and remember the time we called Tianjin our home and the friends we made.
Without trying to make this sound like a hotel commercial I want to say “Cheers” to all the people who make us feel welcome as we travel the world.   Not having a brick and mortar home to return to could make some people crazy, but because of the people we meet as we travel who make us feel so welcome we know that “home “ travels with us.  
Cheers and Good Travel!
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment